Random observations from the February, 2008 Atlanta IIBA chapter meeting.These are not overly important or surprising, I just found them interesting.
- There were between 50-60 attendees.
- At least a quarter of attendees were attending a chapter meeting for the first time.
- It was mentioned that there are approximately 100 members in the Atlanta chapter of the IIBA.
When asked for a show of hands,
- Approximately half of the group indicated that they currently use cases to expresss user and functional requirements.
- Approximately half of the group does UML modelling other than just for use cases (activity & sequence diagrams, etc.).
- Very few – I estimate less than a quarter – use a requirement management tool for traceability.
Of the group, there were probably 6-8 CBAPS in attendance.