Among the pearls of wisdom included on the site:
- If you’ve found 3 bugs in a program, best estimate is that there are 3 more.
- 60% of product cost comes after initial shipment.
Yep, there’s a lightbulb joke for QA testers, too..
Q: How many QA testers does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: QA testers don’t change anything. They just report that it’s dark.
We know about as much about software quality problems as they knew about the Black Plague in the 1600s. We’ve seen the victims’ agonies and helped burn the corpses. We don’t know what causes it; we don’t really know if there is only one disease. We just suffer — and keep pouring our sewage into our water supply.
– Tom Van Vleck
To keep up with the latest on Practical Analyst, you can subscribe to the RSS feed, follow Jonathan on Twitter, or view his profile on Linked In.
Latest posts by JB (see all)
- Jim Rohn – February 20, 2014
- Elicitation Tip: When the Stakeholder Asks for a Specific Implementation – February 19, 2014
- Paul Oldfield – February 11, 2014